It was a dark and stormy night, she was home alone....
The wind was howling through the gap below the kitchen door... the shutters rattled on their hinges... as she looked out into the darkness she felt a sudden fear wash over her...
She turned suddenly and walked purposefully towards the kitchen cupboard... as she slowly opened the door her heart sunk as her greatest fear was realised...
SHE HAD RUN OUT OF SODDING BISCUITS...
Don't get caught out this halloween, have no fear and knock up this quick and easy mug cake to satisfy those demons....
Jaffa Chocolate Mug Cake
Serves – 1
4 tbsp self raising flour
4 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil
1 Jaffa clementine
2 tbsp chocolate chips – optional
1. Use the largest mug you have to avoid it overflowing in the microwave!
2. Add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder to the mug. Grate over the zest of the clemetine and mix together.
3. Squeeze the juice of the clemetine into the mixture, and then add the egg. Mix in as much as you can but don't worry if there's still dry mix left.
4. Add all the other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips etc (if you are adding) and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high for 4-5 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch. Watch it rise as it cooks!